HR & SHEQ
ABOUT MA GLOBAL LOGISTICS BV
MA Global Logistics BV is a private owned Logistics Service Provider for the (petro) chemical and liquid gas industry. We stand out in the global market because of our high quality service and our excellent relationship with key suppliers.
MA Global Logistics BV has integrated the logistic services in four Business Units: Liquid Logistics, Global Logistics, Gas Logistics and Dry Bulk. MA Global Logistics BV operates a global network and is supported by more than 1600 dedicated employees in 43 worldwide offices, an advanced IT System and equipment that exceeds expectations. This network provides local support on a global scale.
ABOUT THE TEAM
You will be part of an international and ambitious team that is passionate about making MA Global Logistics BV a safe and great place to work. You will work closely with various business teams across the globe. This role reports to the Group SHEQ Director.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The purpose of the function is the initiation and implementation of the SHEQ policy (Safety, Health, Environment and Quality in the Business Units Gas and Global, within the framework of the Group SHEQ policy and the requirements of the Business Units.
- Responsible for the implementation and execution of the Group SHEQ policy within the Business Units Global & Gas Logistics.
- Provide direct support and advice to the Management of the Business Units in relation to implementation of the SHEQ strategy, issues, projects, programs and SHEQ legislation.
- Responsible for the smooth running of operations by creating the right health & safety procedures for people, with a keen eye for the environment and proactive implementation of ideas.
- You ensure that laws and regulations in the field of SHEQ are implemented and enforced.
- You are responsible for the establishment and execution of audits in the field of SHEQ at the Business Unit level. Including support of external verification audits.
- As required or directed lead the Investigation, Analysis and Reporting of high level SHEQ incidents in line with the Group Systems.
- Support other managers within the Business Units in the investigation of incidents as required.
- Provide advice and guidance when called upon within the organisation at all levels for SHEQ matters being seen as the key point of contact for Business units Gas & Global.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Chemistry, Safety studies or equivalent.
- Experience (minimum of 8 years) in a similar role within a dynamic and international environment. Experience in Transport and Logistics is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of laws and legislation in relation to the chemicals industry including ADR and IMDG regulations.
- Sound experience in communicating SHEQ activity and influecing behaviours, and demonstrate a passion for SHEQ.
- Experience in the field of communicating with governments and competent authorities.
- Proactive and a strong drive to constantly improve and achieve results.
- Excellent and accurate verbal and written communication skills, in English.
- Willingness to travel.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer an interesting position with a high degree of responsibility in a growing and informal organisation. The role offers opportunities for personal development and we offer competitive employment conditions.